Looking for some local fun outdoor activities and events for the 4th of July? See below for some ideas!
Long Play Music Fest at Rivets Stadium in Loves Park: 12pm-10:30pm
- Includes music, food trucks, and fireworks!
The Winnebago July 4th Parade: 10am-11am
4th of July Patriotic Parade: 4:30pm-6:15pm
Kaboom! At the Discovery Center Museum (Reservations required): 10am-12pm
- Witness explosions, construct light and sound creations, and create a red, white, and blue masterpiece.
Lifescape 4th of July Classic Run/Walk: Throughout the day, but some runs require registration by July 1st.
- Runs begin on June 27th and end on July 4th.
Trucks and Tunes on Block 5: 5pm-9pm
- Includes food trucks, drinks, and music.
Davis Park South Lawn Fireworks ($5 entry fee): 9:30pm-10pm
- Part of the larger 4th of July events happening in the park.
- Can also be viewed for free from Chestnut St. Bridge, State St. Bridge, Ingersoll Centennial Park, Block 5 (by City Hall), and on TV (WTVO17).
Red, White, and Burn the Mask at Rockford Speedway: 6pm-10pm
- Includes special races and a private fireworks display.
Have a favorite local 4th of July tradition or event? Let us know on our re-post of this blog post on Facebook page!