Trails for Hiking, Walking, and Running
There are a variety of beautiful, multi-use trails woven throughout Winnebago County. Whether you are looking to take a stroll down a well-worn path to admire the wildflowers, take a journey on one of the many accessible nature trails, or embark on a hiking adventure deep into the forests, Winnebago County has what you want!
Scroll down to see a map of all trails.
- Rockford Roadrunners is a community that runs and races together
- Rockford Wildcats is a youth cross country team for ages 5-18
- 815 Outside Community Hikes: We lead free community hikes and walks at various locations throughout Winnebago County
- Severson Dells Nature Center Guided Walks: Severson Dells Nature Center hosts a variety of free and low-cost hikes for members of the community
- Nature at the Confluence Guided Walks: Nature at the Confluence runs guided free and low-cost hikes for the community, as well as the occasional off-season hike
- Natural Land Institute Guided Walks: The Natural Land Institute runs occasional free and low-cost hikes at their properties
Check out these blog posts to get some inspiration on good local running and walking locations: